The Blake Griffin star and corresponding story will not be stopped!
Yesterday I pointed out that just about every single one of my favorite NBA writers has written a Blake Griffin piece in the last two weeks. Not to mention all of the big name papers and more traditional news sites. Well even more of the great NBA writers have joined the Blake Griffin coronation party and none did I enjoy more than Zach Harper’s piece over at Harwood Paroxysm. You must go read the whole thing.
- Anthony Macri, aka @CoachMacri, over at Hoopsworld, has an excellent breakdown on Blake.
- If you: like collecting Basketball cards, are a Blake Griffin fan, want one of his rookie cards with a jersey or an autograph, then get ready to open WIDE you wallet and take out a second mortgage. Kurt Helin at ProBasketballTalk says he’d rather buy a couple of waterproof pool table.
- Credit Sports Illustrated for correctly identifying Blake as Blake “Quake” Griffin in the mid-season awards.
- Kevin Love and Michael Beasley of the Minnesota Timberwolves talk to Jerry Zgoda of the Minneapolis Star Tribune about Blake before he became “Quake.”
“You can’t rate a guy like that,” Beasley said when asked to rank Griffin among the NBA’s best dunkers. “He’s off the charts.”
- A handful of the best NBA beat writers answer the question: Will Blake Griffin be a true NBA superstar or just another really good player?
- Will Blake be picked by the coaches as an all-star? Ken Berger says no even though he deserves it in today’s Friday 5.
- Carl Bialik at the WSJ’s Daily Fix takes a closer look at Blake’s defense. Just another area he can get even better than he already is.
- Making predictions for the second half of the season, Mitch Lawrence at Fox Sports says Blake Griffin is good enough to get the Clippers to make a legitimate playoff push.
- How do you defend Blake Griffin? Let’s ask the guys who see him in practice everyday: